samedi, juin 17, 2006

Take a Look Around

My apartment is in the 6th Arrondissement, known for its earlier bohemian character and now, while still pulsing with literary, intellectual, and artistic energy, an area of chic shops and cafes much frequented by tourists and students. Here is the front of my building at 48 rue Dauphine. Look three floors above the red flowers and you will see the windows of my place.

Now look up the street toward the Seine... and down the street to the bustling intersection of rue St. Andre des Arts, rue de Buci, and rue Mazarine.





Here's a look along the rue de Buci...and then at the place I buy wine (one of the ubiquitous Nicolas shops) and the Champion market (with the green awning), where I compete with sharp-elbowed matrons for fresh produce and other provisions.